It is important to make the most of your coaching experience. The coaching process is a thought provoking and creative process designed to inspire you to maximize your personal and professional potential. For most individuals the coaching session is the only experience where the entire conversation is about what is important and meaningful to you. You will be asked powerful questions, while helping you achieve what you want most in your career and in life. Your coach will always have your best interests at heart and provide honest and impartial feedback.
For those new to coaching it is important to know:
- Conversations are confidential. While you may share with someone what happens in our session, please know that your coach will not and cannot do it unless legally forced.
- Most coaching relationships have the following:
- Needs Assessment – What kind of help is needed? Listener, strategist, other?
- Goals Clarification – How would we know if your goal is reached?
- Coaching Action Plan – What steps are taken to achieve your
- Implementation – How do we hold you accountable to taking the steps identified?
- Monitoring & Evaluation – Are we satisfied with our working conditions?
- Define a goal or two that would be meaningful to you and/or meaningful to your organization, if using organizational coaching.
- As you work towards achieving your goals, make your relationship with yourself your #1 priority. It’s not the easiest thing to do but neither was getting to where you are from wherever you were before now.
- Be present in each of your coaching sessions and come prepared with your observations, and thoughts about your status since your last session.
- Give the sessions your 100% attention and make sure you are in a quiet place when we speak. Listen to your Self.
- Use your intuition. Practice increasing your awareness of your instincts and intuition about everything, especially your goals. Speak up if something resonates or does not resonate with you during your sessions.
- Have fun! This is a rewarding experience!