Kari’s ideal clients are female leaders transitioning to new positions with increased presence, political savvy, and confidence to be more effective leaders. She helps them:
- Develop the skills of self-observation and then self-reflection;
- Explore the myths and beliefs that are undermining their effectiveness;
- Increase their awareness of self-limiting behaviors and attitudes;
- Create a more positive personal and professional presence; and
- Develop both behaviors and strategies that enhance their success.
Kari’s focus is on gender issues, and their impact on relationships and performance, enabling her to help individuals change behaviors that are undermining their best efforts.
Kari also works with teams: the interplay of one-on-one coaching with members of a team while simultaneously focusing on team dynamics has helped her clients develop collaborative behaviors and increase trust among team members, improve personal and team accountability, and improve productivity by individuals and the team as a whole. Kari specializes in gender dynamics within teams, woman-managed teams, and teams where women are in the majority. She helps these teams identify the behaviors that undermine others, and develop both an attitude and behaviors that help the team members and leaders become more powerful and effective.
As a certified organizational consultant, Kari specializes in conducting organizational assessments and developing reports that illuminate the patterns and themes of organizational behavior, enabling organizations to move positively and effectively into a successful future.
As an organizational trainer, Kari designs, develops and conducts a broad array of workshops including leadership development, teambuilding, career development, running effective meetings, and managing gender differences.
Kari’s select credentials
- MA, Education, University of Maine
- BA, Sociology, University of Wisconsin
- Certificates, Organization Development, Leadership Coaching, Georgetown University
Certifications and Assessments
- Certification (PCC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Certificate, Managing Organizational Transitions, William Bridges & Associates
- Certification, Change Management, Prosci
- Certifications, Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Advanced Program
- Certificate, EQ-i 2.0 (Emotional Intelligence)
- The Leadership Circle Profile
- Campbell Leadership Inventory (CLI)
- Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) Assessment Suite
- EQ-i 360 (Emotional Intelligence)
- Denison Leadership Development 360
- Cultural Facilitation